Translate

Sunday, July 15, 2012

Hello from Thailand! I can't believe it has already been almost two weeks since we left Texas! The people here in Kranuan have been so good to us, and I already love them so much. This past week we were teaching English at one of the schools here from eight to noon every morning, and then going to the church to build a playground for them in the afternoon! Jenica and I are teaching first, second, and third grade, and they are the most adorable things in the whole world! We can't hardly understand anything they say, but this first week we have been blessed to have three people from the church come and translate for us, so we have been very thankful for them. The kids just think we are the greatest people ever and they get so excited when we get there and chase after our car when we leave. It's precious. We have also been spending a lot of time getting to know the kids in the youth group at the church! We taught them how to play Skipbo and had a movie night at our house last night. They are so great. It's funny because they really are just like we were in high school, they just speak a different language. For some reason I wasn't expecting that. I am looking forward to another week with them, and I want to make the most of it because I know we are going to be sad to leave the people of Kranuan! My time here has been so rewarding, and I have learned so much from the people here. I can't wait to see what else God has in store for us! Please continue to keep us in your prayers!


In Him,
Jamie Green

No comments:

Post a Comment