Translate

Friday, June 29, 2012

IN MITO

Hello again!
This is Ben in Mito, Japan.  I just finished doing some relief work in Ishinomaki, an area that was very hard hit by the 3.11 earthquake and tsunami. The things that I saw there were unimaginable.  Thousands of people lost everything.     Now they are living in temporary housing that is cramped and doesn't foster a sense of community.  These people are in a very bad situation even though more than a year has gone by since their homes and businesses were swept into the sea.  My research here is aimed at finding the best possible intersection of financial and social cost after a terrible disaster like this.  I am truly saddened by what I have seen and will be doing everything I can to help these people heal.  One of our most powerful weapons is prayer, and I urge all those reading this to take some time and pray for the people of the Tohoku region of Japan.  

     I am now switching gears and heading to Shizuoka to meet up with a missionary from my home church and possibly climb Mt. Fuji.  After that, I will meet up with the AFC team in Bangkok.  

     REMEMBER JAPAN IN YOUR PRAYERS!  Also as the AFC team departs on July 3, Remember us as well.  

Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment